What are the 7 categories of hazardous waste?
- Class 1: Explosives.
- Class 2: Gases.
- Class 3: Flammable Liquids.
- Class 4: Flammable Solids or Substances.
- Class 5: Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides.
- Class 6: Toxic and Infectious Substances.
- Class 7: Radioactive.
- Class 8: Corrosive Substances.
What are the types of hazardous waste quizlet?
Legally, hazardous waste is any discarded liquid or solid that contains substances known to be:
- Fatal to humans or laboratory animals in low doses.
- Toxic, carcinogenic, mutagenic, or teratogenic to humans or other life-forms;
- Ignitable with a flash point less than 60o C;
- Explosive or highly reactive.
What are the 6 categories of hazardous waste?
TYPES OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- Class 1: Explosives. …
- Class 2: Gases. …
- Class 3: Flammable Liquids. …
- Class 4: Flammable Solids. …
- Class 5: Oxidizing Substances, Organic Peroxides. …
- Class 6: Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances. …
- Class 7: Radioactive Material. …
- Class 8: Corrosives.
What are the classification of hazardous waste?
Hazardous wastes are classified on the basis of their biological, chemical, and physical properties. These properties generate materials that are either toxic, reactive, ignitable, corrosive, infectious, or radioactive.
What are the 7 principles of solid waste management?
The 7 R’s Of Recycling
What are the 3 categories of hazardous waste?
The EPA defines three types of hazardous waste: listed, characteristic, and mixed radiological waste. Each of these categories has subcategories that can become very precise, but the basics are as follows.
Which of the following is an example of a hazardous waste?
Common Examples of Hazardous Waste. Many pesticides, herbicides, paints, industrial solvents, fluorescent light bulbs and mercury-containing batteries are classified as hazardous wastes. So are medical waste products such as cultures, human tissue, contaminated gloves, sharps and so forth.
What is the definition of a hazardous waste quizlet?
Hazardous Waste. waste with properties that make it dangerous or potentially harmful to human health or the environment.
What is a characteristic hazardous waste quizlet?
characteristic waste. a waste that has any of the characteristics of ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, or toxicity.
What are the 4 categories of waste?
For the purposes of this review these sources are defined as giving rise to four major categories of waste: municipal solid waste, industrial waste, agricultural waste and hazardous waste.
What are the hazard categories?
There are eleven classification categories regarding hazards, as follows:
- Acute toxicity.
- Skin Corrosion / Irritation.
- Serious Eye Damage / Eye irritation.
- Respiratory or Skin Irritation.
- Germ Cell Mutagenicity.
- Reproductive Toxicity.
- Specific Target Organ Toxicity – Single exposure.
What are the Nine hazardous material classes?
A visor card guide for state and local law enforcement officials illustrating vehicle placarding and signage for the following nine classes of hazardous materials: 1) Explosives, 2) Gases, 3) Flammable Liquid and Combustible Liquid, 4) Flammable Solid, Spontanaeously Combustible and Dangerous When Wet 5) Oxidizer and …
What are categories of waste?
Types of Waste
- Liquid Waste. Liquid waste includes dirty water, wash water, organic liquids, waste detergents and sometimes rainwater. …
- Solid Rubbish. Solid rubbish includes a large variety of items that may be found in households or commercial locations. …
- Organic Waste. …
- Recyclable Rubbish. …
- Hazardous Waste.
What are the classification of waste?
Two main waste categories can be established based on the distinct legislation and policy instruments usually in place: non-hazardous or solid waste; and hazardous waste. Such a classification is also used in the Basel Convention.