Packing materials: Polystyrene foam, “peanuts” or bubble wrap. These materials are not accepted recyclables. You can throw these items in the trash.
Is Styrofoam recyclable in Florida?
Polystyrene foam containers can be taken to your local grocery store for recycling or discarded in your grey cart. Other foam products can be taken to private drop-off recycling facilities.
Which items can be recycled in Miami Dade County?
Recycling at Home
- Paper: clean and dry newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, printer paper, copier paper, mail and all other office paper without wax liners.
- Cardboard: packing boxes, cereal boxes, gift boxes and corrugated cardboard; Flatten all boxes before placing them in your cart.
Does Miami actually recycle?
According to the FDEP, only 18 percent of Miami-Dade county’s waste is recycled. Compared to other counties like Broward and Palm Beach, which recycle 33 and 45 percent of their waste, respectively, Miami-Dade is one of the lowest in the state of Florida. … Companies incur the cost of recycling in a certain area.
Is Styrofoam recyclable in Orange County Florida?
OPTIONS: Styrofoam (polystyrene) is being recycled every day and access to recycling programs is increasing. However, your curbside recycle bin may not be the right place to recycle it.
Is Styrofoam in packaging recyclable?
The foam material commonly used for items like packing peanuts and carryout food containers is expanded polystyrene, or EPS. … Although it carries a recycling symbol, EPS is not recyclable in regular curbside recycling programs.
Can you recycle pizza boxes in Miami Dade County?
Our recycling program only accepts clean cardboard materials. Please place pizza boxes into the green waste cart.
What can go in a blue recycle bin?
What you can put in the blue top bin
- Tins, cans and aerosols. food tins and drinks cans. …
- Foil. clean kitchen foil and foil ready meal containers.
- Paper and card. • cardboard boxes. …
- Glass bottles and jars. • glass drinks bottles (clear and coloured) …
- Plastic bottles. …
- Plastic tubs and trays.
What plastic numbers can be recycled?
Which Plastics Are Recyclable By Number?
- #1: PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)
- #2: HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene)
- #3: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- #4: LDPE (Low-Density Polyethylene)
- #5: PP (Polypropylene)
- #6: PS (Polystyrene)
- #7: Polycarbonate, BPA, and Other Plastics.