10. Which of the following is not the municipal solid waste? Explanation: Rubbish, food waste and food waste are municipal solid waste, whereas radioactive substances are industrial waste.
Which is not a solid waste?
Unused munitions that are repaired, recycled, or reclaimed, are not considered solid wastes, nor are they considered solid wastes while in storage in demilitarization accounts (e.g., scheduled for treatment or disposal).
What are the 4 types of solid waste?
A breakdown of solid waste types and sources is provided in Table 8.1. For the purposes of this review these sources are defined as giving rise to four major categories of waste: municipal solid waste, industrial waste, agricultural waste and hazardous waste. Each of these waste types is examined separately below.
Which one of the following method is for the disposal of solid waste?
Explanation: Incineration is the most sanitary method of disposal of municipal solid waste. Solid waste should have high calorific value.
What are the 3 types of solid waste?
Types of Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Construction and Demolition Debris.
- Industrial/Commercial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste Lamps.
- Regulated Medical Waste.
- Used Electronic Equipment.
- Used Oil.
- Waste Tires.
What are examples of waste?
- Waste (or wastes) are unwanted or unusable materials. …
- Examples include municipal solid waste (household trash/refuse), hazardous waste, wastewater (such as sewage, which contains bodily wastes (feces and urine) and surface runoff), radioactive waste, and others.
What are the 6 types of waste?
Edwards Deming was the genesis for what is now called Lean Six Sigma. The idea is to cut waste across all resources: time, effort, people, processes, inventory, and production. According to Lean Six Sigma, the 7 Wastes are Inventory, Motion, Over-Processing, Overproduction, Waiting, Transport, and Defects.
Which of the following is not a method of waste disposal?
Cycling is not a method of disposal of garbage.
Which of the following is not an idea behind solid waste management?
2. Which of the below is not an idea behind solid waste management? Explanation: The generation of solid waste cannot be stopped.
Which of the following method is better for the solid waste problem?
Which of the following methods is better for the solid waste problem? Sol: (a) Recycling.