Increase the use of solar,wind and hydro power. Smokeless appliances can be used as alternate solution which can reduce pollution due to fossil fuels. Afforestation should be promoted which helps in controlling the air pollution caused due to burning of fossil fuels.
What steps would you suggest to minimize environmental pollution?
On Days when High Particle Levels are Expected, Take these Extra Steps to Reduce Pollution:
- Reduce the number of trips you take in your car.
- Reduce or eliminate fireplace and wood stove use.
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other materials.
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn and garden equipment.
What environmental problems are caused by burning fossil fuels?
When fossil fuels are burned, they release large amounts of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, into the air. Greenhouse gases trap heat in our atmosphere, causing global warming. Already the average global temperature has increased by 1C.
How can we reduce burning fossil fuels?
- Turning off lights, computers, televisions, video games and other electrical equipment when you’re not using them.
- Buying equipment that uses less electricity, including lights, air conditioners, heaters, refrigerators and washing machines. …
- Limiting the use of air conditioning.
How can we reduce the pollution of fossil fuels?
Use Less Fossil Fuels
- Buy food that is locally produced. …
- Wherever possible, avoid buying processed foods. …
- Install solar panels on your roof at home so you can generate more renewable energy instead of relying entirely on oil, gas etc.
- Before you turn on the ignition, ask yourself if you really need to take the car.
How can we reduce fossil fuels?
Alternative, renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar power, eliminate the pollution that accompanies fossil fuel energy. Alternative energy also reduces the reliance on limited fossil fuels. Consider installing solar panels in your home to reduce the amount of fossil fuel needed to power your home.
How do fossil fuels cause air pollution Class 9?
When fossil fuels are burned, they release nitrogen oxides into the atmosphere, which contribute to the formation of smog and acid rain. The most common nitrogen-related compounds emitted into the air by human activities are collectively referred to as nitrogen oxides.
How do fossil fuels cause air pollution Class 8?
Burning of fossil fuels release oxides of carbon and nitrogen. As the fossil fuels are composed of dead and decayed animal and plant matter, so the major constituents of the fossil fuels are carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen. So when these fossil fuels are burnt in air then they liberate a huge amount of carbon dioxide.
Why should we stop burning fossil fuels?
We understand today that humanity’s use of fossil fuels is severely damaging our environment. Fossil fuels cause local pollution where they are produced and used, and their ongoing use is causing lasting harm to the climate of our entire planet.
How can we reduce the consumption of fossil fuels Class 8?
One way of fuel conservation is to avoid their wastage. Switching to alternative sources such as solar energy in the forms of solar heater, solar cookers, use of natural gas and wind energy are some ways to reduce their usage. We can also reduce the use of these natural resources by using public transport and carpool.