The most common diseases caused by air pollution include ischemic heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer and acute lower respiratory infections in children. Particulate air pollution has been linked with strokes, which occur when the blood supply to the brain is cut-off.
What are the 5 causes of environmental pollution?
5 Kinds of Environmental Pollution Caused by Waste
- The burning of fossil fuels like oil, gas or coal.
- The exhaust fumes from your vehicles.
- The mismanagement of landfill waste caused by garbage pollution.
- The harmful fragrance or off-gasing from plastic production, paints and so on.
- Nuclear accidents or radiation spills.
How many diseases are caused by environmental factors?
Environmental risk factors, such as air, water and soil pollution, chemical exposures, climate change, and ultraviolet radiation, contribute to more than 100 diseases and injuries.
What are the 10 causes of environmental pollution?
We have listed 10 common air pollution causes along with the effects that have serious implication on your health on a daily basis.
- The Burning of Fossil Fuels. …
- Industrial Emission. …
- Indoor Air Pollution. …
- Wildfires. …
- Microbial Decaying Process. …
- Transportation. …
- Open Burning of Garbage Waste. …
- Construction and Demolition.
What are the types of environmental disease?
There are many different types of environmental disease including:
- Disease caused by physical factors in the environment, such as skin cancer caused by excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation in sunlight.
- Disease caused by exposure to toxic or irritant chemicals in the environment such as toxic metals.
What are the 3 main causes of air pollution?
The main causes of air pollution can be categorized by source:
- Mobile: Cars, buses, planes, trucks and trains.
- Stationary: Power plants, oil refineries, industrial facilities and factories.
- Area: Agricultural areas, cities and wood-burning fireplaces.
- Natural: Wind-blown dust, wildfires and volcanoes.
Which of the following diseases is caused by air pollution?
Ambient air pollution accounts for an estimated 4.2 million deaths per year due to stroke, heart disease, lung cancer and chronic respiratory diseases. Around 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality levels exceed WHO limits.
Which diseases are caused by polluted water?
Contaminated water can transmit diseases such diarrhoea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio. Contaminated drinking water is estimated to cause 485 000 diarrhoeal deaths each year. By 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.
What is the main cause of pollution?
The Short Answer:
Air pollution is caused by solid and liquid particles and certain gases that are suspended in the air. These particles and gases can come from car and truck exhaust, factories, dust, pollen, mold spores, volcanoes and wildfires.
What are the major causes of environmental pollution Class 11?
– For example; the burning of fossil fuels for electricity production and running of transportation are both primary as well as secondary pollutants and the biggest source of air pollution. The fumes released from the car contain many dangerous gases like nitrogen oxide, hydrocarbons, and carbon monoxide.
What causes the most harm to the environment?
Global warming is arguably the greatest cause of impact on the environment. The largest of causes emanating through CO₂ levels from respiration to more detrimental causes like burning fossil fuels and deforestation.