Recycle. If you have a pair of frames that are broken beyond repair, don’t just toss them in the trash! Most common materials found in frames qualify as recyclables. If you’re getting new lenses along with your frames, the lenses are also recyclable.
What can I do with old broken glasses?
Where to donate old glasses
- Donate your glasses at LensCrafters or Pearle Vision. …
- Look for a Lions Club dropbox. …
- Take your old glasses to Goodwill. …
- Donate eyeglasses by mail. …
- Drop off your glasses at Walmart and Sam’s Club vision centers.
Where can I recycle old reading glasses?
Unwanted glasses can be recycled via many opticians, including Boots, Specsavers and Vision Express. They can also be recycled at Marie Curie charity shops.
Who wants old glasses?
Drop your glasses at a charity shop
If your local shop doesn’t accept donations of specs, you can post them off to some charities instead. Lions Club, for example, collects old glasses at its clubs around the country; however, if you don’t live near one, you can post your spectacles directly to them.
Can you recycle old prescription glasses?
Your glasses can be left at opticians throughout the country and they will be recycled to raise money for their work in the developing world. You can donate them at many branches of Vision Express, Specsavers and Boots Opticians as well as many independant opticians.
Is there a charity that takes old glasses UK?
Previous guidance: The best know organisation to which you can donate them is Vision Aid Overseas. They will be recycled to raise money for their work in the developing world. Your glasses can be left at opticians throughout the UK and they will be recycled to raise money for their work in the developing world.
How do you recycle glass UK?
How to recycle
- Rinse bottles/jars. They don’t need to be spotlessly clean; a quick rinse is fine. …
- Put lids back on (these are removed and recycled during the sorting process)
- Remove corks- natural ones can be home composted if you do this.
- At the bottle bank, put blue glass into the green bin.
What do I do with old Irish glasses?
5 Things to Do with Old Glasses
- Give them to charity or your family/friends. Did you know many charities take in old pairs of glasses? …
- Recycle. You can recycle your unwanted glasses. …
- Put new lenses in. …
- Sell them. …
- Keep them for fancy dress.
Is it worth it to donate eyeglasses?
Donating Your Glasses Helps Those Who Cannot Afford Lenses or Frames. As someone who wears glasses, you know how expensive they can be. Even when prescription lenses are covered by your vision insurance, finding frames that fit and are affordable can take time and effort.