15. Which of the following methods is better for the solid waste problem? Sol: (a) Recycling.
Which method is used for solid waste problem?
Methods of solid waste disposal and management are as below:
Sanitary Landfills. Incineration. Composting. Ploughing in fields.
Which is the appropriate method for solid waste disposal Mcq?
Incineration or Thermal pyrolysis:
In this method disposal of solid waste is carried out by burning it at a high temperature either in the presence of oxygen (Incineration) or in a no supply of oxygen (Therma pyrolysis).
Which of the following is the waste processing techniques Mcq?
Waste Management MCQ Question 1 Detailed Solution
The correct answer is Composting.
Which of the following plans is used as a waste management plan?
6. Which of the following plans are used as a waste management plan? Answer: (b) The integrated waste management plan.
What are the methods of solid waste collection?
Here are the methods of solid waste disposal and management:
- Solid Waste Open Burning.
- Sea dumping process.
- Solid wastes sanitary landfills.
- Incineration method.
- Composting process.
- Disposal by Ploughing into the fields.
- Disposal by hog feeding.
- Salvaging procedure.
What are the three methods of waste disposal?
Waste disposal methods
- Recycling. Incineration. …
- Other thermal treatment plants. Chemical-physical and biological treatment. …
- Chemical-physical and biological treatment. Landfills. …
- Landfills. Collection and logistics.
Which of the following is a biological method of disposal of municipal solid waste Mcq?
Hence, it can be concluded that composting is a biological method of disposal of Municipal Solid Waste. Other Disposal methods of Municipal Solid Waste: Incineration: It is the process of burning waste in large furnaces.
Which process improves efficiency of solid waste management?
Hence load reduction plays an important role in solid waste management. In this study composition of solid waste of households was determined at both the point of generating and at the point of disposal. … Finally load reduction methods were proposed to improve the efficiency of solid waste management system.
Which of the following is the oldest and the most common method used to dump solid wastes?
A landfill site, also known as a tip, dump, rubbish dump, garbage dump, or dumping ground, is a site for the disposal of waste materials. Landfill is the oldest and most common form of waste disposal, although the systematic burial of the waste with daily, intermediate and final covers only began in the 1940s.
Which of the following is the least preferred method of waste disposal?
While landfilling is the least preferred method in the hierarchy, it remains the most prevalent in many jurisdictions because it is the cheapest method of disposal.
Which of the following is a method of waste disposal?
Name a few methods of waste disposal.
Landfill. Incineration. Waste compaction. Composting.
Which of the following solid waste describe the term municipal solid waste Mcq?
4. The term ‘Municipal Solid Waste’ is used to describe which kind of solid waste? Explanation: The term ‘municipal Solid Waste’ is generally used to describe most of the non-hazardous solid waste from a city, town or village that requires routine collection and transport to a processing or disposal site.
What are the benefits of solid waste management?
Here are ten good reasons why you should recycle, reuse, and segregate your waste.
- Aids in organisation. …
- Cleans the landscape. …
- Promotes health and sanitation. …
- Reduces pest infestation. …
- Protects you from biohazards. …
- Improves community health. …
- Protects the environment. …
- Ensures physical safety.
Which of the following waste is called the municipal solid waste?
Explanation: Rubbish, food waste and food waste are municipal solid waste, whereas radioactive substances are industrial waste.
Which of the following solid wastes describes the term municipal solid waste *?
The ‘Municipal Solid Waste’ Is the Term Used to Describe Which Kind of Solid Waste? Generally, the ‘Municipal Solid Waste’ term is used to describe most of the non-hazardous solid waste from a Village, Town, or City that requires a daily collection and transport to a disposal site or to processing. 3.